Organizations, Towns, Families, and Individuals
Join us in raising awareness of substance misuse in our communities when you participate in Green Up Day 2022 on May 7th by filling out our annual survey!
All are welcome to help out!
Organize a group for Green Up Day! We encourage you to organize a group – whether from an agency, business, town or a group of friends! Are you a group organizer? Download and print our poster. We’d love to highlight your group. Let us know when and where you are meeting and if you want to open it to the public to join! Email Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doing this activity with your child/teen is a great opportunity to talk about the impact of substances on our community and substances in general. Check out the ParentUp website and this Healthy Lamoille Valley blog post for tips on having conversations with your child/teen about substances and substance misuse.
Help us collect information about the impact of substances in our region:
1. Keep a count of how many substance-related items you find (if you see needles, don’t touch them, notify local police if you find any).
2. Take pictures of what you find (optional).
3. Fill out the survey and upload pictures (upload files to question 14 on survey).
SAFETY FIRST! We recommend wearing gloves and that youth work with an adult. Please do not collect anything that could harm you and please take extra COVID-19 related precautions.
Fill out this survey and be entered into a drawing to win a $25 gift certificate to a local merchant!
Form open through May 10th
- HLV Green Up Day 2022 Flyer pdf – Send to anyone you know who may be interested! Print it out and put it on bulletin boards in your community.
- Green Up Day Resources and Information – Find out where Green Up Day bags are available in your town and where to dispose the bags. Check out the safety card for great safety tips.
- Learn what vaping devices and pods look like
Environmental Impact of Substances: From the toxic chemicals of vape devices and cigarette butts to the production and packaging of alcohol and cannabis, find out how each of the following substances has a negative impact on our environment and public spaces.
- Tobacco and the Environment
- The Environmental Impact of Alcohol
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Cannabis
For more information contact:
Alison Link, Policy and Community Outreach Coordinator